We have been busy beavers these past few months. We receive a lot of interest in our video calling product and now we have some exciting updates that we’re pleased to present to you.
The next generation of iOS WebRTC SDK is finally here! This is a huge update we ever made.
It contains a lot of cool and killer features lister below.
1. Fixed performance issues on iPhone 4s, improved stability on multi-calls
2. Improved stability at low internet speed connection
3. Added support for H264 hardware video codec on iOS 8+
4. Added custom renderers and custom capture to send your custom frames
5. From this version you are able to configure:
- Quality, pixel format, frames per second (FPS) and bandwidth
- Choose whether to use VP8 or H264 video codec
- Quality and bandwidth
- Choose Opus, ISAC or iLBC audio codec
6. Sample-video-chat rearchitecture
7. Removed local video track
8. Added remote video track (see QBRTCRemoteVideoView)
9. Full support of AVCaptureSession
10. Improved performance in rendering local video track
How to get it
To install QuickBlox iOS WebRTC framework using CocoaPods – you should just add following line in your Podfile:
Or check out iOS WebRTC code sample from the iOS WebRCT SDK documentation page: Download iOS WebRTC code sample
We hope you love it! Please share your feedback with us – get in touch with our support team and post a
quickblox tagged question on StackOverflow.