The QuickBlox team is proud to present a bunch of new updates for iOS and Android SDKs today!
Every day we open doors to new technologies and features. And today we would like to present you iOS SDK 2.2, featuring a completely new feature called Chat Stream Management.
The Stream management API allows you to improve network reliability and the end-user experience for Chat. It allows you to achieve 100% reliability with features like Stanza Acknowledgements and Stream Resumption. It’s a must have feature for modern Chat applications.
To better understand how it works, we made a quick diagram:
With Stream Management, we started with the iOS SDK first. We are adding these updates to the Android/Web SDKs soon.
iOS SDK 2.2 updates:
- Switched from delegates to block-based API and JSON for Chat API. Previous methods are deprecated.
- Added an ability to automatically recreate a session
- Message Carbons (XEP-0280) for Chat
- Stream Management (XEP-0198) for Chat
- Auto-reconnection manager for Chat
- Added the ability to set custom
uniqueDeviceIdentifierwhen subscribing to push notifications:
[QBRequest registerSubscriptionForDeviceToken: uniqueDeviceIdentifier: successBlock: errorBlock:]
- Added the ability to enable activity indicator
- Fixed an issue with the header
QB-Token-ExpirationDatewhen 12h format is set
- Fixed an issue with
totalEntriesfor pagination requests
- Fixed an issue with password update for a user
QBChatDelegateis now a multicast delegate
- Updated the logic of
QBChatDialog.chatRoom. Now it returns the same value, not the new one.
- Added the ability to use custom chat resource.
Android SDK 2.1.1 updates:
QBUsers.getUsersnow returns a param
Consts.TOTAL_PAGESin a response bundle
- Fixed an issue with exception in
- Fixed an issue with NullPointerException in
- Added an ability to set
fileIdas -1 to
QBUserto clear it
iOS WebRTC SDK 1.0.2 updates:
- Stability improvement
- WebRTC r 8729
- added audioCategoryOptions field to QBRTCSession
- added skipBlackFrames field to QBGLVideoView (experimental)
- Fixes for switch camera