Today the QuickBlox Android team releases a new version of Android SDK 2.3 with chat message statuses and video calling updates
- WebRTC video calling:
- Fixed the NullPointerException issue
- Set the default values of QBRTCConfig.dialingTimeInterval to 5 and QBRTCConfig.answerTimeInterval to 60
- Updated webrtc lib to r9813
- Added the ‘mobile optimisations’ – a way to save the battery life while be in inactive state.
- Added the ping manager
- Added the deliveredIds field to QBChatMessage model
- Reviewed the delivered/read statuses management, added QBMessageStatusListener and QBMessageStatusesManager classes.
- Added ‘is typing’ listener for group chat
- Added the getDialogId to QBPrivateChat and QBGroupChat models
- Fixed the file upload issue on some Android devices
Download Android SDK http://quickblox.com/developers/Android#Download_Android_SDK
and also check out updated Android Chat code sample and documentation http://quickblox.com/developers/Android_XMPP_Chat_Sample
Happy Android Building!