Welcome to QuickBlox Developers section. Here you will find everything you need to power up your apps with functionality, reliability and scalability of a cloud backend.
API documentation covers all of our Modules’ API calls available as REST or JSON. SDK are libraries for particular platforms such as iOS, Android or Web that take care of client-server connection and wrap our API calls into native code classes.
Sample codes – we have plenty of them for each platform – there are Simple Samples (usually 2-3 lines of code showing how easy it is to integrate a particular functionality such as push notifications or geo location) and Super Samples (those are ready apps showing all QuickBlox modules combined). There are also Mashapps showing a combination of 2-3 QB modules and integration with a 3rd party API sometimes. Such examples are our Location based Chat (Location + Chat + Google/Bing map) and Augmented Reality Chat (sometimes integrated with Facebook too for users’ profiles).
Browse documentation using the categories on the left, also find below the essential quick start collections broken down by platforms.
5 min guide
How to create a QuickBlox account, create a new app and get started within 5 minutes:
http://quickblox.com/developers/5_Mins_Guide (text + screenshots)
Code samples for all platforms
What works (updated 25th April 2012)
APIs: everything works
Admin panel: everything except Content (available for enterprise customers and will be soon available for developers too)
SDK: iOS, Windows Phone, Web (JS), for Android only code samples are available (no drag & drop library yet). Blackberry alpha version available upon request.
Sample codes: available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Web/Facebook. SuperSamples mainly feature Map+Chat and Users authentication functionality. Blackberry WebWorks code samples available upon request.
Resources by platform
- Messages (sending Push Notifications): SimpleSample-messages users-ios
- Users (User accounts and Push Notifications): SimpleSample-users-ios
- Chat (simple Chat and Users): SimpleSample-chat users-ios
- Location (Users and Chat over Google Map): SimpleSample-location users-ios
- Chat (simple Chat and Users): SimpleSample-chat users-android
- Location (Users and Chat over Google Map): SimpleSample-location users-android
Super Sample (featuring Map + Chat):
Overview: SuperSample (Map Chat code sample) Windows 8 (WP7)
Technical reference: http://sdk.quickblox.com/wp7/
- Messages (sending Push Notifications and receiving in background mode): SimpleSample-messages users background-windowsphone
- Chat (simple Chat and Users): SimpleSample-chat users-windowsphone
SuperSample (Map Chat code sample) Web/Facebook
- HTML Location viewer (featuring Location): Location Viewer Tool
- HTML Location Sample (featuring Location + Users): Simple Location
- HTML MapChat widget code generator (integrate location based chat into any website): http://quickblox.com/apps/mapchat/
- Facebook Location (featuring Location): Facebook QuickBlox Location Sample
- Facebook MapChat integration: QuickBlox MapChat integrated into Facebook application
- Wordpress MapChat plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quickblox-mapchat/