From QuickBlox Developers (API docs, code samples, SDK)
QuickBlox API Documentation
Need to know information
- Under this term in our documentation we understand REST Web API, which is a set of HTTP/HTTPS calls and responses in XML or JSON formats.
- Represents one solid space to control several API Applications with full access to their data and their API Users. Usually one Account is represented with one Account User who could log in through Web Interface and manage the data. In case you need more Account Users, please, contact us through email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Account User
- Is the system record that allows people to log in to the system and manage their API Applications, data, API Users and all other account resources.
- API Application
- This is your Mobile and Web Applications which sends API HTTP requests and receives responses from QuickBlox. API Applications are created by Account Users. At the same time it allows you to register API Users for the certain API Applications.
- API User
- User registered to use API Application. API Users access rights allow him to get access to their content, publish it and remove it.
- All content which is sent to QuickBlox by API Users through API Interface and all content sent by Account User through Web Interface. Those resources accessed by API User through API Applications can be managed by Account User in Web Interface. Examples of resources: geolocations (data), images, votes in ratings and sometimes API Users.
- Authentication Key
- API Application identification key. This key is created at the time of adding a new application to your Account through the web interface. You can not set it yourself. You should use this key in your API Application to get access to QuickBlox through the API interface.
- Authentication Secret
- Secret sequence which is used to prove Authentication Key. It's similar to a password. You have to keep it private and restrict access to it. Use it in your API Application to create your signature for authentication request.
- API Application Identifier
- Unique number identifier of you API Application. It's autogenerated in Web Administration Area of your account on QuickBlox when you add new API Application.
- Encrypted sequence which allows us to be sure that data sent by you during session token is transferred to us without any changes by third party(man in the middle). In few words it prevents Man in the middle type of attacks. See more details about signature generation here.
- This is the period of time used by API Users to interact with QuickBlox [[#API|API]. It's used to prevent transferring secretive data with each request. Each session is identified by a session token.
- Session Token (aka token)
- Unique auto generated sequence of numbers which identify API User as the legitimate user of our system. It is used in relatively short periods of time and can be easily changed. We grant API Users some rights after authentication and check them based on this token.
- Block (aka Module)
- Block represent logical part of QuickBlox system. Our users use them to build API Applications.