QuickBlox team is happy to release new iOS SDK version 2.4. This is one of our biggest iOS update, with some conceptual changes which should simplify apps development process.
- Automatic session management! Now you don’t need to call ‘createSession’ on every start app. Now SDK manages this automatically!
- ‘Now typing’ for group chats
- Automatic push notifications environment management! Now you don’t need to bother with push environment settings. Now SDK manages this automatically!
- Added a delegate QBChatDelegate.chatDidReconnect
- Ability to change the TCP socket keep alive settings
- The XMPP ‘see-other-hosts’ processing logic has been added
- Deprecated the old chat room delegates with jid, added new with dialog id
- Automatically add a dialog ID to each chat message
- Set custom endpoints retrieval period time to 6h
- Ability to manually send the ‘delivered’ status via QBChat.markAsDelivered method
- New delegates for read/delivered statuses handling
- New completely rewritten Chat code samples on Objectve-C and Swift
- Updated UI on all code samples
- QMChatViewController – An elegant ready-to-go chat view controller for iOS chat applications that use QuickBlox communication backend.https://github.com/QuickBlox/QMChatViewController-ios
- QMServices – Easy-to-use services for Quickblox SDK, for speeding up development of iOS chat applications.https://github.com/QuickBlox/q-municate-services-ios
For any support queries, please create a ticket on GitHub or ask a ‘quickblox’ tagged question on StackOverflow.
Good luck with your apps development!